How do you see yourself? Do you feel like a superhero? If the answer is no, and you do not believe you will do well in the world, you probably will not. We manifest what you believe, not what you want. Start to improve your confidence and self-esteem by believing in yourself.
Here are some suggestions: –
- Improve your mind – Self-confidence starts in the mind. Setting yourself some “me time” to nurture your mind, body, and spirit for an hour a day if possible, is a good habit to form. I like to read, meditate, walk, and do some light exercise. If you do not take time for yourself, you allow the opportunity for someone or something else to shape your perspective of the world.
- Stop the negative thoughts – how negative is your self-talk? Practising mindfulness or meditation is a great way to reprogramme our negative thoughts. Positive affirmations as you go to sleep, or doing the housework also helps.
- Learning – we should never stop learning, whether this is a professional course, a hobby, a spiritual practise, these all help our personal growth. By completing a course or project helps our confidence.
- Impostor syndrome – it is so easy to tell ourselves what we have created in our lives was all down to luck, and let the feelings of inadequacy and fear set in. We need to learn to adopt ways to accept our accomplishments, chatting with our peers helps with this.
- Dress – During the recent lockdowns, many of us are working from home and staying in our PJs. If you want success, you need to get up and dress like you would if you were going to the office. When you look good, you feel good, which will then show in your attitude and confidence.
- Learning a skill – public speaking, amateur dramatics, anything where you are in front of an audience, helps you think and react quickly. Any of these will help at meetings and improve your confidence massively.
- Your value – self-confidence is not all about the success you have in business. You also need to find ways to connect with yourself and grow. This could be volunteering, meditating, exercise workout, and going out with friends. It needs to help you see your value outside of your work, even if your work is a parent.
Soul-Essence runs a fortnightly online meditation group email email@example.com if you would like more information on meditation, energy healing or integral core therapy.