Protecting your energy.
Having trained as an energy healer, I am in touch with my intuition and body. We are all made of energy vibrating at certain frequencies. Our energy centres called chakras all vibrate at a different frequency. My previous blog post explains more about each chakra. To stay balanced and grounded we need to stay connected to the earth. When you are feeling unbalanced try some of the techniques below, to help balance your body.
1. Go out into Nature
We should try and spend time daily in nature, connecting to the energy of the trees, flowers, and mother earth. This is a beneficial way to centre and ground yourself. Working in the garden or an allotment with the earth also helps.
2. Grounding Yourself
I like to do this technique standing barefoot on grass, or a wooden floor indoors.
- Stand with feet slightly apart and focus on your feet connecting with the ground.
- Bring your attention to your belly and imagine and feel a golf ball size weight 3cm below your navel and in the centre of your body.
- Gently and easily drop this ball from your belly down past your feet into the ground. Simply drop it and let gravity take it down deeper and deeper until you reach the molten core of the Earth.
- On your inhale draw energy from the earth, up into your belly.
- On the exhale, drop back down to the centre of the Earth. Repeat for 10 breaths.
- Now repeat and draw Earths energy up and into your heart.
- On your exhale, let the energy run energy down your arms and out of your palms. Repeat for 10 breaths.
- Closing. On the inhale, swing arms out to sides and upwards with palms up and bring over your head. On the exhale, bring your hands down the front of your body Repeat 6-10 times
Continue to feel your feet connecting with the ground beneath them. If you wish you can now sit on the ground and imagine roots connecting you the earth, and feel the earth nourishing you.
3. Root Chakra Balancing
The root chakra is red and positioned at the perineum. This chakra connects us to the earth and helps ground us like in the technique above. You can help balance this chakra by eating root vegetables and wearing red. Listening to music with frequencies between 256 and 396 Hz is helpful, and doing some yoga. Grounding your energy allows you to connect with your source or essence.
Take a handful of sea or Epsom salt, pour it into your bathtub, and lie in it for twenty minutes. You can also add a spoonful of baking soda. If you feel strong negative energies around you, take a bath with sulphur.
Many plants absorb and clear negative energy and produce negative ions for air purification. Place various plants with large green leaves—such as aloe vera, banana, peace lily, Cactus, snake plant, bamboo, and holy basil —around the house and on windowsills.
6. Keep your vibration high
Remember, we attract the vibration we are giving out. Therefore, if we are giving out love, we are much more likely to receive it back. Try to clear all your grudges; the only person they are hurting is you.
We often have imbalances in our chakras.
This could be between the front and rear aspect of our chakras, or between the chakras themselves.
These imbalances can create an unbalanced personality and physical body.
Taking bookings now for Chakra Balancing sessions for when we can open in April.