Here are some brilliant ways to keep calmness in your life.
We need to change our perception and our thoughts to a way of calmness and love. Using Louise Hay’s affirmation “Life Loves You” while standing in front of a mirror and repeating this ten times, acknowledging the thoughts and feelings that come up. Make sure you let go of all the negative thoughts coming from your ego or inner critic. Be kind and loving to yourself.
Many of the actions below have been taken from “The Little Book of Calm”, by Paul Wilson
- Select your company well. As harsh as it may sound, mixing with highly stressed people will make you feel stressed. On the other hand, mixing with calm people will leave you feeling calm even for the briefest period.
- Invest in a fruit bowl. The more beautiful your bowl, the better stocked it is, the less likely you are to turn to stress-enhancing snack foods. Eat more fruit, and you will feel more relaxed – it’s as sweet as that.
- Worry when the time comes. Most worries are future-based. They revolve around things that, in most cases, will never happen. Concentrate on the present, and the future will take care of itself.
- Pamper your feet. Soak your feet, then massage them with moisturiser or a relaxing combination of essential oils. You will feel blissfully relaxed in no time. You can read my post about massaging your feet here.
- Wet face towel. As any beauty therapist or barber will tell you, nothing soaks away facial stress and tension quite so efficiently as a damp hot towel. You can read about my natural face treatment here.
- Reaffirm your friendships. If you tend to get overly serious with your work or responsibilities, remind yourself that the most common deathbed regrets relate to neglected relationships, not unfinished business.
- Think before you buy. To avoid the stresses of debt, think about what you can afford to spend long before thinking about what you would like to buy.
- Sleep on a patchouli pillow. Add three drops of patchouli or chamomile oil to your pillow every few nights for a blissfully calm sleep.